[SOLVED] MSI a68hm-e33 + A8 7680 Issues (Blank Screen)

Apr 1, 2022
Hello folks,

I just built:
  • MSI a68hm-e33 V2 + A8 7680 (Carrizo)
  • 8GB RAM PC12800/1600
  • 500watt PSU
Issues:
- Can't enter the BIOS (Black/Blank Screen)

I read MSI official support of BIOS and i got this description on latest version BIOS:
v.7721v85 (v.8.5)
"Description:
  • Improved memory compatibility.
  • Improved PCIE compatibility.
  • Support new AMD Carrizo APU"

And my current bios is v.8.1 (i knew it from first hand of this motherboards using A8 7600-KAVERI)

Question:
Is my problem (Black Screen/can't entering BIOS) because using oldest version of BIOS ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to include the make and model of the PSU and it's age. According to the BIOS and CPU support page, you're going to need at least BIOS version 8.2 to get support for Carrizo APU's. As for your question, I'd look into updating the BIOS with your prior APU and then swap in the Carrizo APU to see if it works. I am worried about the quality of your PSU though.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You will need to include the make and model of the PSU and it's age. According to the BIOS and CPU support page, you're going to need at least BIOS version 8.2 to get support for Carrizo APU's. As for your question, I'd look into updating the BIOS with your prior APU and then swap in the Carrizo APU to see if it works. I am worried about the quality of your PSU though.

Solution