Question MSI Aero 1080ti No Display Issue

May 12, 2019
I am currently having an issue with my 1080ti. When I switch the PC on the graphics displays the bios screen fine but as soon as it goes to load windows the monitor shows no display. I have tried booting into windows with the GPU out using just onboard graphics, then disabling those graphics and re seating the GPU but that hasn't worked. Is this likely to be a faulty GPU? I would have thought if it was it wouldn't display the bios screen at all. I have also used HDMI and display port to see if it was the cable.

The specs of my PC are as follows:

Intel i3 8350k
Corsair 8gb ddr4 2400mhz
MSI z370 sli plus
240gb Adata SSD
1tb Toshiba hard drive
MSI Aero 1080ti
Coolmaster 600w PSU

Thanks for your time

I would suspect a driver issue. When no driver is loaded in the bios, it's fine. Once Windows loads the driver, the screen blanks.
Try booting into safe mode, where the GPU drivers will not load.
You will want to FULLY uninstall and reinstall the driver from there if it boots in safe mode.
Instructions from Microsoft (edited to be relevant here) about how to boot into safe mode:
Before you enter safe mode, you need to enter the Windows Recovery Environment (winRE). To do this, you will repeatedly turn your device off, then on:
  1. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.
  2. Press the power button again to turn on your device.
  3. Wait a few seconds once you see your bios splash screen and then hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.
  4. Press the power button again to turn on your device.
  5. When you see your bios splash screen, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to turn off your device.
  6. Press the power button again to turn on your device.
  7. Allow your device to fully restart. You will enter the Windows recovery screen (winRE).
Now that you are in winRE, you will follow these steps to take you to safe mode:
  1. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.

2. After your device restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select option 5 from the list or press F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

May 12, 2019
Went through the process of doing that and managed to boot into windows. Went to install the nvidia driver and during the process of installing the screen went black with small green lines going horizontal and then back to no display