Sep 26, 2019
I got cheap this RTX card, MSI Aero RTX 2070 Mini ITX, but it is noisey and hot (80c in a hotter day), but the biggest problem is the noise, because of the only fan. I read about the KRAKEN G12 hybrid cooling solution, but I don't know if it is compatible or worth to buy for this card. The full card is 174 mm long. What do you think?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Some of that temp depends on how good your case airflow is. A lot of people immediately dismiss case airflow and look directly at 'what cooler should I get' when in reality, checking chassis airflow should come first.

Pull the side of your PC case, get a desk or house fan and set it to the highest setting - aim directly inside.

If temps remain the same, cooler issues seem to be the next step.

If temps drop 5C or more, you have airflow issues to contend with first. Even the 'best cooler' cannot cool without good airflow, so you'll waste your money and still be disappointed.

Sep 26, 2019
Some of that temp depends on how good your case airflow is. A lot of people immediately dismiss case airflow and look directly at 'what cooler should I get' when in reality, checking chassis airflow should come first.

Pull the side of your PC case, get a desk or house fan and set it to the highest setting - aim directly inside.

If temps remain the same, cooler issues seem to be the next step.

If temps drop 5C or more, you have airflow issues to contend with first. Even the 'best cooler' cannot cool without good airflow, so you'll waste your money and still be disappointed.

I have a NZXT Manta PC case, I have 2x120 mm intake front, 1x120 mm exhaust rear and a 280mm AiO on the top exhaust! I think my case has a pretty good airflow. My biggest problem is because of the temps, the card doesn't boost too high 1680mhz-1720mhz usually. And I want to somehow improve the temperatures and the noise levels.