Question MSI after burner voltage slider locked normal unlocking methods not working

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
So i have a odd system its rather old it has a Q6600, 8GB of DDR2, a GTX 1050 and GTX 580 (both running along side each other for more compute performance)
but my issue is.
while i can get the voltage control for the GTX 1050 to unlock with normal methods like this one https://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-81916.html

unknown.png

but i cant get the voltage for the GTX 580 to unlock its a EVGA SC 1.5GB
unknown.png

i have tried every method i can find but i cant get the slider for the 580 to unlock
the 1050 unlocks just fine.

You should remove the 1050 and just keep the 580. I don't know what you wanna do with an Nvidia and AMD card at the same time but it won't work. The only thing you can do is use the Nvidia card for Physicsx and you will have to use hacked drivers for that.

forzahorizon3guy

Honorable
Apr 6, 2018
guys notice how i said *GTX 580
not RX
were dealing with a card that can cook a egg here

i would cut you guys some slack if i had just said "580" but considering i put "GTX" before every "580" i didnt think it would still be possible to think i said RX 580

guys notice how i said *GTX 580
not RX
were dealing with a card that can cook a egg here

i would cut you guys some slack if i had just said "580" but considering i put "GTX" before every "580" i didnt think it would still be possible to think i said RX 580

You're right lol. I saw RX 580 lol. Yeah keep that 1050 instead. I'ts been a while since I saw someone say GTX 580. Like 10 years since it came out in 2010 :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's probably locked on that card. One of those is the vbios for your current card.
You can find out the vbios version through Gpu-Z, although the majority of the vbioses on that list are practically the same.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
is there a way to know which of the vbios will have unlocked voltage and also be compatible with the card?
1)Nope. But, if after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers didn't do anything, and you've unlocked voltage control in Afterburner Settings, then for sure the gpu is voltage locked from the vbios.

2)Yes. Using Gpu-Z and the list I provided, locate the model with the same bios version as yours, click on it, and below Graphics Card Info, Find Compatible Bios should be below - if available.