MSI After Burner

Solution

Is it normal? Yes. Everything appears to be at stock. Core voltage is the voltage applied to the GPU. Because you aren't familiar with overclocking it's best you don't touch that slider until you are POSITIVE you know what you're doing. Core Clock is a representation of the core clock's speed. Your card says 1657 MHz Base / 1797 MHz Boost. THat means it's at about 1.6GHz and it will auto-overlock to 1797 under a strenuous load. You can look to some...

Is it normal? Yes. Everything appears to be at stock. Core voltage is the voltage applied to the GPU. Because you aren't familiar with overclocking it's best you don't touch that slider until you are POSITIVE you know what you're doing. Core Clock is a representation of the core clock's speed. Your card says 1657 MHz Base / 1797 MHz Boost. THat means it's at about 1.6GHz and it will auto-overlock to 1797 under a strenuous load. You can look to some tutorials on MSI AB https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner#afterburner-core-voltage. There is also a multitude of them over at Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=MSI+1080+Armor+MSI+AB+overclock . The core clock and memory clock are usually the items most OC'd. Then the advanced user might apply a little more voltage if they can't apply a stable OC.

What are you confused about? Everything? MSI's tutorials might help. They say 0 next to them because they are not under or overclocked. If you choose a different skin you can see the actual core and memory clock numbers.
MSI_AB.png
I see others with 2000MHz on the core clock and over 5000 on the memory clock. Why is mine at 139MHz for the core and 405MHz for the memory clock. It's at idle. Not until I start gaming and putting the card under a serious load will it apply the gas and show 2000 and over 5000.

Yes you can OC. You will see that in Youtube videos or elsewhere on the internet. Some suggest 25MHz bumps and lots of testing. Superposition is a fairly stout GPU benchmarking program. You start with the core and OC a little. Then you test with a benchmarking program. Then you play a game. Then back to the OC with another 25MHz. Then the bench. Then the game. You get the picture.

Please also look into MSI AB's OSD. Click on settings/gear and click on monitoring. Click the resource you want to monitor and then click on Show in OSD. That way if you do OC someday you can watch your GPU's temperature or any other value you're interested in. A GFX card gets hotter the more it is OC'd. And don't worry, crashing is part of overclocking. You push the clocks too far and the driver could crash, you could see artifacts, the PC could lock up/freeze/stop responding or other issues may arise. . A reboot of the PC and all is well.

Remember that core voltage? That isn't as forgiving. Push that too far and you could damage your card. Treat that with care.

Solution

amine-lesuper

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

thanks for all these informations, now the problem is , why am i getting low fps?
in csgo i have 130 fps in 1080p, everything maxed out, and on 1280-768 i have 230 fps
in GTA 5 i have 50-80 fps in 1080p everything maxed out ,
what is the problem? i had a gtx 970 before , it worked better than my gtx 1080
my specs are :
I7 4790
8gb ddr3 ram
thermaltake 630w 80plus
Z97 SLI krait edition
water cooling thermaltake water 3.0
HDD 1TB

should i reinstall windows?
or put the GPU in the second PCI slot?

If you can reinstall I certainly would. That would be the easiest way to wipe the slate clean. I went from a 970 to a 1080 Ti. I had to shelf my EVGA 500W 80+ and install a Seasonic 650W 80+ Gold PSU. Nearly tripled my benchmark at heaven. Games are showing ridiculous frame rates now. Adaptive v-sync helps to tame this beast.