Question MSI Afterburner boot to black screen? Help! F8 Will not work!

karl0joh

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
Hi.

I have a big problem! I used this stupid program to over clock the GPU and i moved the bars up to see what they did and now I have a computer that will turn on automatically (with a mistake) as the black screen of death.

And I know that I have too Boot in safemode too uninstall the program. But I can`t get it too boot in Safemode! I have I've tried so many times now... F8 will not work. I just get no singal.

This is killig me, its a new I9 9900K, 64 GB Ram, 1080 TI..

Its been in the house 2 days!!! And I need too work on the PC tomorrow !! Plz for everything that is good in the world let it be an easy way to fix this! Because i don't know what too do anymore ...

freercurse

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
you will need to clear to CMOS,
if there is a button on the motherboard that say this hold button down and turn on your PC/or clcik it while your pc is on. (it could be either just check manufacturers website on how to clear CMOS for that specific motherboard)
that will clear everything back to default.
make sure that everything else is plugged in correctly.
you can also manually revert back to factory default settings by removing the CMOS battery while the mother board is unplugged and leave it like that for a while (an hour or 2)
try that and let me know if any of it works

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to try and shut down the machine forcefully after it's powered up, and do so three times, you should be able to see a system repair menu. Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

karl0joh

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
you will need to clear to CMOS,
if there is a button on the motherboard that say this hold button down and turn on your PC/or clcik it while your pc is on. (it could be either just check manufacturers website on how to clear CMOS for that specific motherboard)
that will clear everything back to default.
make sure that everything else is plugged in correctly.
you can also manually revert back to factory default settings by removing the CMOS battery while the mother board is unplugged and leave it like that for a while (an hour or 2)
try that and let me know if any of it works

Hi

Thanck you! I have a maximus xi. Is it the reset button? next to the start butten? Should pc be on when i do this?

karl0joh

Prominent
Jun 27, 2019
You might want to try and shut down the machine forcefully after it's powered up, and do so three times, you should be able to see a system repair menu. Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
I did force it on and off 3 times, but just black and noe signal..

9I 9900K
Maximus xi
1080 TI
64GB 2400mhz
SSD