Question MSI Afterburner Fan Curve Issue / Help

E_KAN87

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2015
Hello,

For some reason my Asus ROG Strix 2080 Ti fan curve with MSI Afterburner is messed up.

Below is a picture of my fan curve.

https://ibb.co/2q4DmLM

The fan speed stays within the limits (max 70% / lowest 22%), but the fan speed changes with each temperate change and not only when it should do based on the curve.

It was working fine yesterday and today after pressing the Performance button on the GPU it messed up, but I don’t think this is the issue that caused it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

E_KAN87

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2015
Pressing the performance button would have changed the fan curve.

Just try turning the afterburner fan curve control off, apply it, then turn it back on again.

Thanks for your reply. When you say "apply it", do you mean the Performance mode?

Also, the Performance mode on the card is just a button and not a switch, I have no idea if it's on Performance mode or Quiet mode, how can I tell? Also, do change the GPU modes while PC on or off?

E_KAN87

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2015
Wait, apparently I didn't press the Performance mode button, I clicked the RGB lights toggle on/off button. If that is the case, how would I fix my fan curve?

E_KAN87

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2015
I have tried that, for some reason this hasn't worked. But I think the problem might be that I have the "Auto" clicked on in addition to "User Defined". I am guessing it should only be "User Defined"? I have a sneaky suspicion I did this but will try again.

E_KAN87

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2015
I have tried everything... it just doesn't work.

I realised that the fan speed % stays within the minimum and maximum levels... hysteresis works... but for some reason it decides on it's on curve on when to go up and down... I've even switched between Performance/Quiet Modes, no change there... when I un-click the Auto button on the fan section the fan speed % doesn't move at all, only when it's on Auto but not on the curve %....I can manually set a fan speed to a static %... the same issue overall persists with GPU Tweak...I just don't know what to do, it baffles me.

All this happened after I pressed the RGB on/off button on the GPU.