[SOLVED] MSI Afterburner Issue

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3000 system and MSI Afterburner stopped showing ANY OSD. The OSD worked fine on the older FX-3850 system. Could it be even the latest ABurner has yet to be updated? I have several versions of AB up to the latest 4.6.4 beta3 but nothing seems to work on this new set up.
I want to point out that I've used the program before and know my way around it and how to set it up so that is not the issue.

Solution
Upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3000 system and MSI Afterburner stopped showing ANY OSD. The OSD worked fine on the older FX-3850 system. Could it be even the latest ABurner has yet to be updated? I have several versions of AB up to the latest 4.6.4 beta3 but nothing seems to work on this new set up.
I want to point out that I've used the program before and know my way around it and how to set it up so that is not the issue.
Make sure Riva Tuner is running.....and I would play with the settings in Riva Tuner.
This is the program that's responsible for getting the data on the screen.
Make sure Riva Tuner is running.....and I would play with the settings in Riva Tuner.
This is the program that's responsible for getting the data on the screen.

Reactions: tazmo8448
Solution

tazmo8448

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Found in order to show CPU data for the OSD in Afterburner, it does have to 'share memory support' with HWiNFO; this function has to be manually set in HWiNFO 'Settings' in order for MSI AB to 'see' it. Then it is just a matter of selecting what it is you want to do.
So...MSI Afterburner will show CPU temps, %'s, voltage etc, in the On Screen Display.
Also I was trying to run both MSI AB & HWiNFO64 in another drive and found it seems to work much better placing it in my OS drive in this case C:\drive.
So mark this solved and close it.

TRENDING THREADS