Question MSI Afterburner non-responsive and profiles not working after updating Asus motherboard BIOS

oldrev

Commendable
Oct 18, 2021
After updating my motherboard BIOS I noticed none of my MSI afterburner profiles were working anymore. Also, my curve editor is not available, and I cannot click on anything on the main page (skin). I do see the 5 profiles, the MSIAfterburner.cfg, and two VEN_***** files in the Profiles folder of MSI Afterburner. How can I get this working again and hopefully restore my profiles?

oldrev

Commendable
Oct 18, 2021
Additional information - When running GPU-Z and HWiNFO64 while gaming, GPU-Z has 0.0 MHz for GPU and Memory Clock with a GPU Load of 0%. HWiNFO64 show GPU and Memory Clocks at 2,685 and 2875, respectively and a Load of 99 to 100%. I am unsure if this hew info helps but thought best to share it.

oldrev

Commendable
Oct 18, 2021
so you update to the 5013? try resetting the bios to default
Yes, BIOS Version 5013. I will try setting to default when I have some time. I first have to make sure I have all the settings I changed (OC Changes, Resizable Bar, Fans, etc ) copied down. If that works, I'll reenter them a little at a time and see what happens. Thanks.

oldrev

Commendable
Oct 18, 2021
so you update to the 5013? try resetting the bios to default
I got around to resetting the BIOS to default but I decided to download the most recent Nvidia driver for different reasons. That actually took care of the problem and Afterburner runs fine now with all of my old profiles without having to reset the BIOS.