Question MSI Afterburner not detecting GPU

May 1, 2020
I own a gtx 1060 6gb. I restarted my pc this afternoon and i woke up with the lack of ability to modify my fan speed for my gpu. Apparently its not detecting it. Help?

jayrodathome

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012
I had this same thing happen. The only thing I can think of that I changed on my computer was I installed rtx voice and I use a gtx 1080ti. Afterburner since then hasn't detected my card. So I can no longer apply an overclock profile or even see any monitoring.

jayrodathome

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2012
I own a gtx 1060 6gb. I restarted my pc this afternoon and i woke up with the lack of ability to modify my fan speed for my gpu. Apparently its not detecting it. Help?

k. On my end it was Riot Vanguard. The program that is anti cheat for Valorant. Once I exited that program my MSI started working again. Hope that helps.

May 6, 2020
k. On my end it was Riot Vanguard. The program that is anti cheat for Valorant. Once I exited that program my MSI started working again. Hope that helps.

I can confirm this is true with my case as well. If anyone is having the same problems and owns Valorant; Riot Vanguard maybe the one that is causing the issue.

May 7, 2020
I can confirm this is true with my case as well. If anyone is having the same problems and owns Valorant; Riot Vanguard maybe the one that is causing the issue.
Same here. Valorant is literally doing so bad with their AntiCheat system. Not only can't I play with my afterburner readings OSD, but if I decide to exit Riot Vanguard to play another game I would have to restart my computer in case I wanna go back to playing Valorant. Literally makes no sense. And despite this, there already are a bunch of cheaters in the game.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020
Same here. Valorant is literally doing so bad with their AntiCheat system. Not only can't I play with my afterburner readings OSD, but if I decide tu exit Riot Vanguard to play another game I would have to restart my computer in case I wanna go back to playing Valorant. Literally makes no sense. And despite this, there already are a bunch of cheaters in the game.

Did you have to do anything special after exiting Vanguard? My MSI Afterburner still won't work after exit AND uninstall of Riot Vanguard.. My EVGA Flow Control is broken as well after I installed Riot Vanguard :/

May 7, 2020
Did you have to do anything special after exiting Vanguard? My MSI Afterburner still won't work after exit AND uninstall of Riot Vanguard.. My EVGA Flow Control is broken as well after I installed Riot Vanguard :/
Nah man, worked right after that. Didn't even have to restart computer or anything else.
Update: seems like Riot has adressed this, atm I'm running Vanguard and Afterburner at the same time and both are working just fine.

Reactions: Kimgg
May 10, 2020
Nah man, worked right after that. Didn't even have to restart computer or anything else.
Update: seems like Riot has adressed this, atm I'm running Vanguard and Afterburner at the same time and both are working just fine.

I got my afterburner to work, but my EVGA Flow Control is broken when vanguard is installed. This is critical, as it controls my watercooling..