Question MSI Afterburner NOT resetting upon startup

Sep 5, 2020
Hi all,

I seem to be having sort of the opposite issue with regards to MSI Afterburner on startup. (GPU is an EVGA 1080ti SC2). When I shut my PC down with an OC profile enabled (clock curve, power, memory, fan speed) - my PC will start again with these settings automatically enabled (can hear the GPU fan spool up to the specified speed when the Windows login screen appears) and not reset to the factory default. I do not have the "Startup" button pressed on the main screen of MSI Afterburner, nor the "launch on startup" boxes checked in the settings. It does not show as a startup app in control panel nor the task manager either.

I am not using an extreme overclock nor is it much of a big deal to manually reset Afterburner prior to shutdown, but this "unspecified" behavior is just somewhat concerning and seems less than stable. My PC was not doing this within the first week of utilizing Afterburner. I tried uninstalling, removing settings, then reinstalling to no avail.

Any suggestions? Do I need to reinstall my GPU drivers, reset my BIOS, any of the above? Is there simply a setting here that I may have inadvertently marked? Any help or advice would be duly appreciated.

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS