Question MSI Afterburner reading my CPU temperature as 207 degrees C

Jan 21, 2021
Hello, Recently (Basically today), my MSI Afterburner's been acting strange. My CPU temperatures are being measured at 207 degrees C, which is outrageous. But when I check my CPU temps via HWInfo, it's regular. I have installed all CPU and chipset updates, and nothing worked. I am perplexed and need help. If I switch the data provider to hwinfo.dll, nothing appears, same with aida64.dll.
Here's what it looks like on the graph. Note how the data provider is cpu.dll.

But if I set the data provider to hwinfo.dll or aida64.dll, this happens.

I am insanely confused on why this is happening. a quick answer would be greatly appreciated.

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
It's ridiculous, even in Fahrenheit.

I never trust a single app when it comes to reading the motherboard's sensors, I always compare the results from two apps, or sometime from the Bios.

Jan 21, 2021
I use HWinfo for CPU stuff. BTW, my OSD toggle for Afterburner stopped working, hitting the "\" key doesn't toggle it on and off.

Jan 21, 2021
If you haven't already you should uninstall Afterburner and update to the latest version...many times a simple driver update on your system can break functionality in older versions of Afterburner.
I just installed the newest version. If I set my CPU temperature to hwinfo.dll on Afterburner, nothing appears.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS