[SOLVED] MSI Afterburner settings for GPU OC

Feb 21, 2020
-MOBO: z390 MSI Godlike

-CPU: i9 9900k Overclocked to 5Ghz 1.32V

G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 TridentZ RGB 4400Mhz Pc4-35200 CL 18 1.4V Dual Channel Kit (2x8GB) Overclocked to 4400Mhz 1.4V Should I turn this down or should this be good?

-GPU: MSI GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GDRR6 352-bit HDMI/DP/USB Ray Tracing Turing Architecture Graphics Card (RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO)-Overclock Settings Core clock set to Curve. I am unsure what to set the memory clock to. I read on another forum to put it at 500 but it's made my build unstable. Should I just leave this at zero.

This is my first build, and first time Overclocking, honestly the bios setup is a little bit overwhelming with options.
So with this being unstable where should I look to start fine tuning/adjusting?
Do you have any suggestions or resources available to get the best gaming experience possible with this build.

Solution
CPU overclock seems fine as long as the temperatures are decent.

Can't really speak to the memory, most people don't run kits quite that fast. 1.5 is the maximum recommended by Intel, so that should be okay.

Sounds like you are just taking someone's results and applying it to your GPU, not really the way to go about it. You should find out how fast the GPU memory can run by increasing in increments from zero. Not personally used a curved setting for the GPU core, usually just use an offset like with the memory. Basically just adding on to the expected maximum boost value. Again, you increase to the point of instability and then back it back down.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Can't really speak to the memory, most people don't run kits quite that fast. 1.5 is the maximum recommended by Intel, so that should be okay.

Sounds like you are just taking someone's results and applying it to your GPU, not really the way to go about it. You should find out how fast the GPU memory can run by increasing in increments from zero. Not personally used a curved setting for the GPU core, usually just use an offset like with the memory. Basically just adding on to the expected maximum boost value. Again, you increase to the point of instability and then back it back down.

Reactions: Fozzy5000
Solution
You really dont need to overclock the 2080 Ti, they pretty much OC themselves if you have the voltage headroom and temps under control.

My card says its boost speed is 1755Mhz but will regularly run in the 1900Mhz range, if i run the voltage at 124% it will hit 2115Mhz with +1700Mhz on the ram

Reactions: Fozzy5000
Feb 21, 2020

Thanks, for the help, I'll try tweaking this a bit tonight and see if I can get it to calm down. I agree with you on just taking someone elses results and applying it to my gpu memory, I just didn't really know where to start. You've given me a better idea on where to start.

As far as the CPU I've used the recommended settings from MSI. I felt like this was a good place to start for me.
https://www.msi.com/blog/intel-9th-cpu-overclocking-5ghz-with-z390-motherboards

Do you recommend me overclocking the memory to a lower speed? than 4400Mhz what do you think would be a good place to start, It's pretty much already overkill.
https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/166/1536658028/F4-4400C18D-16GTZR-Specification

TRENDING THREADS