MSI Afterburner - Temp Limit question.

nizx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2015
Since my GTX760 often reach above 75C (also quite loud) i decided to use MSI Afterburner's Temp Limit option, limiting the temp to 66C (linked with Power Limit at 68%)

tsI1M85.jpg

So here is my question, is it okey to leave it like this? Or its dangerous to reduce the power limit with 32%?

Solution
Hello!

I shouldn't worry about temperatures as long as you have good cooling in your PC and the airflow is good as well.

But limiting the temperature shouldn't have any bad effects on the GPU but it might mean that in order to reduce temperature and keep it below the limit you have set, the GPU may underclock itself which might have a performance impact on your games :)

GameFreak01048

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
Hello!

I shouldn't worry about temperatures as long as you have good cooling in your PC and the airflow is good as well.

But limiting the temperature shouldn't have any bad effects on the GPU but it might mean that in order to reduce temperature and keep it below the limit you have set, the GPU may underclock itself which might have a performance impact on your games :)

Solution

nizx

Honorable
Aug 1, 2015

Thanks for the answer. Noticed pretty much no impact on my fps in the games i play (WoW,Overwatch)

GameFreak01048

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016

In that case everything will be alright then :)

Don't forget to vote for the best answer! It helps us out a lot :)