[SOLVED] MSI afterburner won't detect anything please help, thank you!

Apr 16, 2020
MSI afterburner doesn't detect anything. I didn't have any overclocks set on my GPU. I had installed openhardwaremonitor to get accurate cpu temps and after I did that MSI afterburner no longer detects GPU and CPU. It does detect ram Usage. I went into control panel and uninstalled openhardwaremonitor and basically any software I just didn't need but had, I tried reinstalling graphics drivers for my GPU, I've uninstalled and re installed the latest and Beta version of MSI AB, and nothing works to get it to detect my hardware. I tried EVGA's precision XOC and it detects my GPU, but I can't control the fan curve on there. I just want Afterburner to work, so I can use my Fan curve.

System Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI RTX 2070
32gb Gskill 3200 mhz ram
2 TB HDD
256 GB SSD

If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate it.

Solution
Might sound silly but do you play Valorant? If yes, you might wanna uninstall the 'Riot Vanguard' in order to get to Afterburner since that Anti-Cheat program is creating some weird problems which happened to me yesterday. Uninstalling fixed it for me.
Apr 16, 2020
Update on things that didn't work. I uninstalled the graphics drivers using DDU and then reinstalled them after with the latest version of MSI AB installed, and that still didn't work. Idk what else might be happening

berbat88

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
Might sound silly but do you play Valorant? If yes, you might wanna uninstall the 'Riot Vanguard' in order to get to Afterburner since that Anti-Cheat program is creating some weird problems which happened to me yesterday. Uninstalling fixed it for me.

Solution
Apr 16, 2020
Lol I do. I can live without afterburner until they update their already crappy anti cheat system. I'll uninstall just to see if it works tho lol. There are some more demanding games I play and i'd rather my GPU not hit 70-80C if I can. When you uninstalled the anti cheat did you need to restart though? Thank you!

berbat88

Reputable
Apr 30, 2020
Lol I do. I can live without afterburner until they update their already crappy anti cheat system. I'll uninstall just to see if it works tho lol. There are some more demanding games I play and i'd rather my GPU not hit 70-80C if I can. When you uninstalled the anti cheat did you need to restart though? Thank you!

Nope, just uninstalled and boom.