[SOLVED] msi afterburnoner overclocking rtx 3070 ti gaming x trio

Aug 23, 2021
Hey everyone,

I decided to build my own pc which i was succeful and i have just purchased my new graphic card. I have been trying to overclock the gpu with the oc scanner from msi afterburner. The problem is that every time i start the scan, it will stop automatically after an undertermined time and won't give me a reason as to why it stopped itself. I have been going throught multiple thread telling in might be an overlay or some sort of setting but it doesn;t help me. I do have other performance programm such as razer cortex and armoury crate and more.

Is anyone able to help me or advise?

Solution
Just leave the card alone, as long as it has power available and stays cool it will OC itself.

I have a 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra stock speed is 1350Mhz boost is 1755Mhz but it actually runs 2130Mhz. Unless your going for world records Nvida pretty much took the need to manually OC these cards away.
Just leave the card alone, as long as it has power available and stays cool it will OC itself.

I have a 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra stock speed is 1350Mhz boost is 1755Mhz but it actually runs 2130Mhz. Unless your going for world records Nvida pretty much took the need to manually OC these cards away.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution
Agree with above!

The way Nvidia's boost tech works now, means that as long as your GPU has enough power, voltage and thermal headroom it will automatically boost to higher frequencies, with no input from the user.

My GTX1660ti mobile is supposed to max out at 1590mhz on the core. Yet it runs sustained at anywhere from 1750 to 1850mhz and sometimes hits 1900mhz! Ya gotta love this tech.

@sizzling is right on the money. If doing an OC of GPU or CPU, doing manually is the best way to go. The scanner is useful (when it works haha), but it's just a toy really in terms of real OC'ing.