MSI Announces X370 Gaming M7 Motherboard, Shares No Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
So maybe this is the first X370 2.0 mainboard release with some more refined featured than the first editions of the boards. One can hope I guess.

You know what I love about MIL-STD-810G? It basically says: "Determine how the device will be used. Test to verify that it will work in these conditions."

You know what's even better? No one checks to see if any given product actually complies with the standard. Anyone can slap "complies with MIL-STD-810G" on their product, even if they've never actually read it.

That said, the standard does require companies to disclose the specific tests that were performed on the product, if any test were indeed performed.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Main difference I see between this and the Titanium will be the Clock Generator. Aside from that they will be nearly identical with different color schemes. The lower overclockable memory support is a bit of a let down considering the other 2 X370 boards support DDR4-3200. The memory on MSIs boards are overbuilt so they should be stable much higher. I think the difference between now and March was that we didn't know how far AMD will push their support for memory standards. Right now on the Titanium I can almost get 2667mhz stable with 4 dimms. If they meant the memory can do that with 4 dimms, that would be pretty good.

For an X370 board right now, I would like an ITX with 1 PCI-e x16 3.0, NVMe, USB 3.1 Gen 2 Ports for Front I/O, 2 memory dimm, Wifi. Everything else would be superfluous.

jor8888

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
hmm how is it possible to have 2 turbo M2 when all the other motherboards only have 1.5 M2 since ryzen chip doesnt have enough pcie lane to have 2 full M2?

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Ryzen 7 + x370 chipset = 40 PCI-e 3.0 lanes and 8 PCI-e 2.0 lanes. It also has 2 dedicated lanes for NVMe. Guess it just depends on how they split that up. Considering they have 2 PCI-e lanes for GPUs, they may have went with a x16 or x8/x8 design. Each m.2 turbo is a x4. So it should be enough considering those lanes are also used for everything else.
If they designed it for Ryzen 9, then it should have 24 more PCI-e 3.0 lanes w/ 2 dedicated for NVMe.

Status
Not open for further replies.