[SOLVED] MSI ARGB Hub Compatibility

Jun 8, 2020
Hello. I want to switch my case to MSI Gungnir 100, add MSI Core Liquid 360R-H AIO. The case comes with an HUB but i don't have an JRAINBOW pin header on my ASUS Prime B360M-A, Will ANY rgb work somehow? Thanks for help!

Solution
You cannot use just any RGB header. In fact, it appears what you plan is to use an AIO system (and maybe case fans) with the ARGB lighting system in them. However, the mobo you specify has the OTHER simpler plain RGB system. You cannot connect one to the other directly.

However, by coincidence this evening (Oct 28/20) I posted a reply in another thread with almost the same situation. There OP had found a converter box that will convert the signals from a plain RGB system()12 VDC power, 4-pin header) for use by a ARGB (5 VDC power, 3-pin header) lighting unit. I confirmed that it will do that job and allow use of the "wrong" light type with the 4-pin mobo header...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You cannot use just any RGB header. In fact, it appears what you plan is to use an AIO system (and maybe case fans) with the ARGB lighting system in them. However, the mobo you specify has the OTHER simpler plain RGB system. You cannot connect one to the other directly.

However, by coincidence this evening (Oct 28/20) I posted a reply in another thread with almost the same situation. There OP had found a converter box that will convert the signals from a plain RGB system()12 VDC power, 4-pin header) for use by a ARGB (5 VDC power, 3-pin header) lighting unit. I confirmed that it will do that job and allow use of the "wrong" light type with the 4-pin mobo header.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/deepcool-converter.3657616/#post-22035660

Solution

TRENDING THREADS