MSI armor oc 1080ti intel i7 8086K hyper x ram 2666mhz

Aug 3, 2018
Hello i have a probmen with my pc..
1. on pubg on 1080p i got 80fps
2. arma 3 i must play on low settings
3. my graphic card goes over 80 degrees

Is this normal for a computer like this?
it should have handled all the games much better or it is just me?

Try updating to latest graphics driver or reinstalling it if you already have that version.

That said, check your fan RPM and percentage. At 100% it's supposed to max out at 4000 RPM, but some are saying it will only go to 2360 RPM. You may have one that has a fan profile problem.

As far as I know, Nvidia's thermal barrier for the 1080 series is 83c, in which case they will throttle down to stay below that, so you're near that already.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=284166.0

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Use msi afterburner and overclock that thing. Go into fan control and set an aggressive fan curve to compensate for heat. As a starting base setting for afterburner go with: Core Voltage:+100(may be limited by card bios to lower number) - Power Limit:120(may be limited by card bios to lower number) - Temp Limit:80 - Core Clock: 80 Memory Clock: 500. That should knock your fps out of the ball park. Remember to set fan curve aggresivly to compensate for extra heat, to your sound tolerance too.

He should probably first check that it doesn't have a borked max fan speed, like some have experienced with that GPU. Otherwise he'll never be able to get the fan speeds he should be able to even with a custom fan profile. If max fan speed is like 60% of what it should be, I would RMA it to MSI, because the BIOS might be messed up.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Either way he should not have to turn down any settings with that setup. Does the temp jump right up to 80 or is it gradual? It is throttling back on performance because of heat. It will keep throttling back power until it finds a cooler setting for itself. You should be at max settings for arm 3. Get Cpuid Hwmonitor and see what temps you are getting and what speeds your gpu fans are running at. If you are not getting near 4000 rpm + - 10 percent then you have a bad card and rma it.

Aug 3, 2018
What is rma ? ..
I got 2413 rpm out off the card on full speed on msi afterburner.
And how can i see that my cpu is OK to it's performance any tips should have been fine ?

RMA = Return to Manufacturer Authorization. You basically contact the manufacturer, and fully describe the problem. If they deem it could be a defective product, they should give you an RMA number to send it back if you request it. In my experince, getting MSI to admit fault on bad GPU products is like pulling teeth, so good luck with that.

I bought a 660 Ti of theirs off Newegg when they came out. It would not recognize my Panasonic HDTV as HDCP compliant, which caused BSOD when switching between TV and PC inputs. None of the other 2 or 3 GPUs I've used with this TV had such a problem.

They were all clueless as to why this was happening, and each one I spoke to had a different guess, but none of them logged a ticket on it, so I had to repeat myself every time I called back after one of them said so and so who's not here might know (more like an intended run around I think). Luckily Newegg fully refunded it, and the 7970 I bought from them instead for $30 more had no such problem. It was also a far better deal because it had Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, and Sleeping Dogs bundled with it.

After returning the 660 Ti I commented on the product page on Newegg that it did not see my TV as HDCP compliant like my other GPUs did, and caused BSOD switching inputs. MSI stepped in to say my PC must be messed up, yet admitted it might be a defective GPU, which made no sense. I tried to post a comment that my PC is fine and worked like it should with other GPUs, and that MSI never offered to RMA it (which they should have if they felt it might be defective), but Newegg didn't post the comment. This is why I don't trust MSI or Newegg much anymore. I have found buying a brand like EVGA from a place like B&H Photo is a far better way to go.

On fan speed you're getting barely more than those I was talking about whom said it peaked at 2360 RPM at max speed, but it could be due to slight differences in how fan sensors read from one software to another. Max fan speed is supposed to be 4000 RPM. I would contact MSI and setup an RMA on that GPU, IF they even will that is. I would try to insist on it if I were you.

If it's under 30 days old and you bought it at a place like Newegg or Amazon, I'd even refund it and buy an EVGA instead and be glad you learned the lesson. I've had zero problems with my EVGA 1080 SC. If it were just mistakes MSI were making now and then, I could see it, but clearly their tactics are unethical. I'm doubting I'll ever regain enough trust in them to buy one of their products again.