[SOLVED] MSI armour RX580 8gb overclocking help

Philip1993

Prominent
May 6, 2020
hi
new to the pc world

eventually got my build complete with gpu now im wanting to do a overclock on it.

has anyone get any tips and also any base clocks to go off what are stable

ive used the auto over clock in the adm program but feel that it will be a weak overclock but maybe you lot know more than me

thanks phil

Solution
hi
new to the pc world

eventually got my build complete with gpu now im wanting to do a overclock on it.

ive used the auto over clock in the adm program but feel that it will be a weak overclock but maybe you lot know more than me

thanks phil
Use msi afterburner to overclock,only 2 things i would touch is the core clock and memory clock.When i overclocked my r9 380 4gb from gigabyte i went like this:
Core Clock: 990mhz (stock)-increased it to 1000mhz-increased it to 1025mhz-increased it to 1050mhz-increased it to 1075mhz-increased it to 1100mhz-stopped there because i saw little artifacts and then i got a black screen.All that core clock overclocking...
hi
new to the pc world

thanks phil
Use msi afterburner to overclock,only 2 things i would touch is the core clock and memory clock.When i overclocked my r9 380 4gb from gigabyte i went like this:
Core Clock: 990mhz (stock)-increased it to 1000mhz-increased it to 1025mhz-increased it to 1050mhz-increased it to 1075mhz-increased it to 1100mhz-stopped there because i saw little artifacts and then i got a black screen.All that core clock overclocking needs to be done WHILE running a benchmark.I recommend Unigine Heaven Benchmark.When you increase the core clock test it by waiting for 2 minutes and seeing if you get artifacts or black screen,do that with ever increase.NO artifacts/black screens-->The overclock is good/stable.
Artifacts/Black screen-->Bad overclock.When you get a bad overclock just return it to the previous frequency that WORKED and was fine.When i overclocked i tried to push my memory clock a little bit further,but everytime i increase it i get a bad overclock (even when i increase it by 1mhz).My stock memory frequency was 1425mhz that means i cant push it further.Every gpu has different overclocking potential so dont watch some video like (how to overclock my rx 580).Do it by yourself and see what the limits are.Also when you overclock the memory clock increase it by 50mhz/100mhz,trust me its safe.The good/bad overclock proccess is same with memory clock.Also these 2 videos helped me a lot and i recommend watching them:
1ST VIDEO:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkwCPGmVszI

2ND VIDEO:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1dGwFOdFLI

Tip for 2nd video:use what ever benchmark u want.Either unigine heaven or kombustor it doesnt matter,also dont change any settings just click RUN on both.I used unigine heaven.

Edit:Read my essay and watch both of these videos BEFORE trying it yourself

Solution