MSI B150 Gaming M3 installing new RAM problem

groundplacegp

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I've just bought two more modules of RAM for my motherboard because I had two of 4GB DDR4 and I wanted to have 16GB so I bought two more modules and I found a problem installing them this evening. I want to use 4 slots to have 16GB so when I installed it a red light came up from the top of the motherboard ( I attach a photo of the motherboard:http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products_xl/320235/2/msi-b150-gaming-m3.jpg , where you can see on the top left side DRAM, CPU and VGA). The problem is that when I power it up the DRAM light comes up and it doesn't show anything on my display. I've tried to clear the CMOS but that didn't work either. Now, I've been trying storing the ram in different slots and the light has changed. Now a light comes from the DRAM led and then the led shuts down and comes up the VGA led with nothing showing on my display. I would appreciate any help to install this additional modules of RAM without these problems.

Solution
Not all ram works on all motherbds. Most manufacturers, all the big names at least, maintain compatability databases so you can see what ram works for your board.

Not all ram works together. sometimes not even the exact same models of ram will work together. This is why they have kits that have been tested available for you.

My suggestion would be to return the ram that you just bought, order a 16gb kit that is verified compatible and then sell the 8gbs that you have in their already. This will only cost you a little more but save you some possible headaches.

if you let us know which ram manufacturer you prefer then we can let you know what kits are available.

popatim

Titan
Not all ram works on all motherbds. Most manufacturers, all the big names at least, maintain compatability databases so you can see what ram works for your board.

Not all ram works together. sometimes not even the exact same models of ram will work together. This is why they have kits that have been tested available for you.

My suggestion would be to return the ram that you just bought, order a 16gb kit that is verified compatible and then sell the 8gbs that you have in their already. This will only cost you a little more but save you some possible headaches.

if you let us know which ram manufacturer you prefer then we can let you know what kits are available.

Solution