Question MSI B250i Gaming Pro AC - usb power on shut down

cjhmason

Reputable
Mar 12, 2017
I have bought a Remote start controller for my PC (as it is used as a HTPC which means it below the TV so have to get up to turn it on).

PCPartPicker Part List

I’m getting no response from the remote start and after some research it seems that I need to have power active on the USB while the PC is off.

I’ve had a look in the BIOS and I’m not able to find a setting in the advanced setting which specifically says about the USB power when the PC is off.

Is this a feature that is possible on this board?

I’ve got the device plugged into JUSB1, so hoping this one has this option.

Iv found on the MSI site HERE that there is a thing called MSI super charge utility, which seems to relate to USB power but specifically for charging iPhone, so not sure if this is relevant.

I was wondering if there is an issues with using my multi meter to test the USB header pins on the MOBO to see if they actually have power or not, but did know if there are potential issues with doing this?

any info would be great!

cjhmason

Reputable
Mar 12, 2017
Encase anyone needed this info.

I had to enable the wake on USB function in the bios to turn on the power to the USB headers while the PC is off.

THIS VIDEO shows the settings in the BIOS.

The remote start (ES02-USB) is great for a HTPC, makes it so much better to not have to get up to turn the HTPC on from the couch.

I also got this Rii i8s Plus KODI XBMC 2.4Ghz RF Mini Wireless Keyboard and track pad and its perfect for leaving on the coffee table rather than a full keyboard and mouse.

Hope this info is helpful to someone else.