MSI B250M Bazooka CPU LED Debug Problem

Apr 10, 2018
Hey guys.

Built my low budget gaming pc last September, 2017 which is composed of the following:
MSI B250M Bazooka
Intel Core i5-7400 Processor
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2400 Memory
Zotac GTX1050 ti graphics card
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7,200 RPM HDD
Aerocool Rave 500W power supply
Tecware Edge TG
Windows 8.1 Single Language OS

I tried overclocking the GPU with MSI Afterburner thinking it would give better performance. I tried overclocking it til it crashed and realized that I should follow the recommended overclocking settings which I found from a forum in this site. Everything went okay until around the last week of February, 2018. Every time I play games like PUBG, CS:GO, or Cities: Skylines, it crashes. Even when I just browse with Google Chrome. The EZ Debug LED in the mobo shows that the problem is within the CPU. I already tried the following:
- re-install the processor (also re-applied thermal paste)
- re-install the GPU (also re-applied thermal paste)
- re-install the RAM
- uninstall MSI Command Center
- uninstall MSI Afterburner
- remove external drives
- replace Aerocool Rave 500W with Corsair TX550M power supply
- re-install Nvidia graphics driver (changed latest version to 385.69)
- re-install Windows 8.1

Now, I'm almost to the point of buying a new graphics card. But before I spend all my savings and find out that it isn't the problem as well, I thought of posting this here and ask for your help. I'd really appreciate it.

Solution
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Have you ruled out your PSU to be the culprit? I meant if the Corsair unit was brand new...? When overclocking, it demands more from the entire system than you would see when running things at stock(in most circumstances). By crash, what do you mean? Freezes? lock ups? Reboot after taxing the system?

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Have you ruled out your PSU to be the culprit? I meant if the Corsair unit was brand new...? When overclocking, it demands more from the entire system than you would see when running things at stock(in most circumstances). By crash, what do you mean? Freezes? lock ups? Reboot after taxing the system?

Solution
Apr 10, 2018

I've already installed the latest update for BIOS yesterday after I read your reply, but my pc still keeps shutting down.

I don't think the PSU is the problem since I already replaced my Aerocool with a brand new Corsair unit.

Also forgot to mention that my graphics card is PCIE bus powered, no power coming from the PSU. Does this have to do with the computer freeze? It's also not the OC Edition. Here's a link: https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-mini

And by crash, I meant sudden freeze even when I just browse using Chrome. After that, I force it to shut down by pressing and holding the power button. And then when I turn it back on, the EZ Debug LED CPU lights up again.

I've also tried removing the CMOS battery earlier, drain static charges (if there's any), and put the battery back in. But the freezing still occurs. This is so frustrating! ☹

Apr 10, 2018
Update: I removed the GPU, installed Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, and ran a 5-minute CPU stress test twice. It completed the first two tests but after I clicked "start" for the third test, my PC suddenly turned off.

Now I'm really confused about which component is faulty: GPU or CPU! *insert crying emoji.

Apr 10, 2018

Update: I brought my PC to a computer shop and they started troubleshooting. A different processor, power supply, and RAM was used with my motherboard and it still didn't work. They decided to get a brand new motherboard to test my processor, RAM, graphics card, and hard drive. AND IT WORKED!
We all concluded that the MOTHERBOARD IS THE PROBLEM. I told them that the flow of electricity in our area is fluctuating so maybe my first power supply (the cheap one) didn't work well and damaged the motherboard. They suggested to use a UPS for battery backup that can handle fluctuating current flow.