MSI B250M PRO VD RX 460 crossfire?

joelmappa

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Hello i have an msi b250m pro vd.I have currently a MSI RX 460 2gb low profile if i buy an Asus rog Strix RX460 4gb can i do a dual crossfire? If yes how will the video ram works.And there isnt enough space to put the 2 graphics card near each other because it is too stretched do i need to buy something?

Im precising there are 2 different brand rx 460 and the 2 have a different amount of video ram and i have the b250m pro vd

joelmappa

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017

Can i do something else except buying another board?

The performance boost will be marginal to zero, not to mention that few games will be supporting sli/crossfire. You may also need better psu. Combine all that and you ll see that it doesn't worth the money. Even a single 1050 ti will perform better than 2 Rx 460s in crossfire for most titles.

FD2Raptor

Admirable
Sell the 460 and buy better GPU. CF is worthless at this level.

Any other low end board that might be advertised as CF-supported in your budget range most likely would have its 2nd PCI-E 16x wire for just 4x and to the chipset, not CPU, which will incurs extra latency/bandwidth issue that would further degrade the minimal possible performance gains.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

+1 Crossfire sucks anyway, Crossfiring 2 low end GPUs is a huge waste of money. I've used it, not every game supports it, it can be frustrating to get to work right, and it doesn't even perform that well. You can sell that 460 and throw the money you were going to spend on another and get a 4gb 1050ti and crush it.