MSI b350 pro carbon question

mgibson05

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2013
First things first, I just finished my first and new computer build and I am just happy everything works so far. The question I have is related to changing the motherboard LED colors to something different then the default red. Is there anyone who can explain to me simply, what I need to do to change the default red to a yellow? Also, during the bios before I installed windows 10 was I suppose to change anything? Like I said this was my first build and I just need some help here in those 2 situations. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
LED: you have to install one of the MSI apps, called "MSI Gaming App" (from here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-GAMING-PRO-CARBON , select "utility", select your operating system, and download). In the app you will find a menu item that allows you to control de RGB leds of the mobo (see the manual, in the same webpage as the app).

BIOS: the only thing you might have to change in the BIOS is the RAM speed. If you bought DDR4 @ 2133 MHz, there's nothing to change. If however you bought faster RAM (> 2133 MHz), you might have to select it in the BIOS. Enter the BIOS (DEL or F2 at startup), and in the first page it shows the RAM speed in the system information summary on top. If you bought fast ram (>2133) but it shows only...
LED: you have to install one of the MSI apps, called "MSI Gaming App" (from here: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-GAMING-PRO-CARBON , select "utility", select your operating system, and download). In the app you will find a menu item that allows you to control de RGB leds of the mobo (see the manual, in the same webpage as the app).

BIOS: the only thing you might have to change in the BIOS is the RAM speed. If you bought DDR4 @ 2133 MHz, there's nothing to change. If however you bought faster RAM (> 2133 MHz), you might have to select it in the BIOS. Enter the BIOS (DEL or F2 at startup), and in the first page it shows the RAM speed in the system information summary on top. If you bought fast ram (>2133) but it shows only 2133, you have to click on the "A-XMP" button that is on the upper left part of the BIOS main page. The procedure is explained in page 39 of the manual.

Hope it helps! :)

Solution

mgibson05

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2013

Thank you for a quick and easy step by step answer! It helped a lot.