[SOLVED] MSI B350 Pro: EZ Debug VGA error?

Oct 10, 2020
Ez debug VGA problem?

Here’s what I got:

• I5-9400F (standard intel cooler)
• MSI B365M Pro VDH
• Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
• Samsung EVO SSD 500
• No Graphics card!

Finished the build, plugged in HDMI monitor and no signal to monitor. Can’t even get to the BIOS. I’ve also tried a DVI and VGA connection. No dice.

Ez-debug light on the motherboard shows VGA error. (It’s lit.)

Now here’s the thing. I haven’t built anything in a while and I’m unsure about RAM placement. I just read that I need to have just one stick in a particular slot (DIMM A 2) for this machine to boot.

I can’t access the PC right now (at my friends house) but I’m wondering if RAM placement can throw a VGA error.

Note also that I do NOT have a graphics card. Do I need one?

Would love some feedback here. Thank you!

Solution
Si
Ez debug VGA problem?

Here’s what I got:

• MSI B365M Pro VDH
• Samsung EVO SSD 500
• No Graphics card!

Finished the build, plugged in HDMI monitor and no signal to monitor. Can’t even get to the BIOS. I’ve also tried a DVI and VGA connection. No dice.

Now here’s the thing. I haven’t built anything in a while and I’m unsure about RAM placement. I just read that I need to have just one stick in a particular slot (DIMM A 2) for this machine to boot.

I can’t access the PC right now (at my friends house) but I’m wondering if RAM placement can throw a VGA error.

Note...
Si
Ez debug VGA problem?

Here’s what I got:

• MSI B365M Pro VDH
• Samsung EVO SSD 500
• No Graphics card!

Note also that I do NOT have a graphics card. Do I need one?

Would love some feedback here. Thank you!
Simple. You NEED a graphic card. The F at the end of 9400F means that this CPU has no iGPU (graphic part ) included

Last edited:
Solution
Ah. I feel so dumb. Thank you.

side note: if I upgrade to the i5-9400 will it handle multiple monitors (at least 2) on both hdmi and dvi?
Yes it should
EDIT: but here in Europe the 9400 cost 30 euros more than the 9400F (should be same in $). And for something as 45 euros you could buy a discrete GT710 GPU like the MSI GT 710 1GD3H LP. I would do that

Last edited: