MSI B350 Tomahawk artic and Gskill trident z RGB

davidty1996

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017
Hi Guys, I am planning to buy an MSI B350 Tomahawk artic and Gskill trident z RGB 16gb 3000mhz, are they compatible? and How does the lighting work?

Solution
Hello,
Please refer to this link (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK-ARCTIC#support-cpu) because it depends on the CPU you will be using. A 7th Gen usually only supports up to 2400 and Ryzen is able to use more but usually with an overclock setting. Make sure that the Ram is compatiable with your Mobo through that link. I would need to know the part number of you ram to help further. I currently use the MSI X370 Gaming Plus Mobo with Trident Z RGB 3200 and cannot use the full 3200 speed. As for controlling the RGB there is software you download from G.Skill to control the RGB.
Jan 28, 2018
Hello,
Please refer to this link (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-TOMAHAWK-ARCTIC#support-cpu) because it depends on the CPU you will be using. A 7th Gen usually only supports up to 2400 and Ryzen is able to use more but usually with an overclock setting. Make sure that the Ram is compatiable with your Mobo through that link. I would need to know the part number of you ram to help further. I currently use the MSI X370 Gaming Plus Mobo with Trident Z RGB 3200 and cannot use the full 3200 speed. As for controlling the RGB there is software you download from G.Skill to control the RGB.

Solution

davidty1996

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017

Hi Thanks for the quick reply. I will be using the Ryzen 5 1600.
Is the software of gskill now safe? because I saw some reviews that it was buggy and it may corrupt the SPD data on the ram sticks?

Jan 28, 2018
I myself have had no issues with it yet. Doesn't mean it could not be buggy for others. Trial and error will only be the real answer to that. I use a Ryzen 5 1600 as well so i would say there is a strong possibility that your ram will work fine.

davidty1996

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017

one last question, is the software easy to use? Haha. Thanks for the time bro. :D

Jan 28, 2018
After installation you must reboot the computer. From there it’s really easy. There are many ways to set up the rgb, different patterns, different speed for the rgb to run at, hell you can even make it stay one color with any effects. It’s really up to user presence. The only down side I would have to say is if you want to use the standard RGB lighting where it constantly changes color it does not stay in sync. But say you chose a couple colors and ran a diff pattern it would run just fine. It’s hard to explain. If I had to give it a rating it would be 9/10 just because of the one pattern that does not stay in sync.

davidty1996

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017

oh wow, thats nice. I am building a red, white and black theme. so may be i will make it a red light and play with other effects. I really appreciate your help and tips. Thank you :D

davidty1996

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017

oh wow, thats nice. I am building a red, white and black theme. so may be i will make it a red light and play with other effects. I really appreciate your help and tips. Thank you :D