MSI B350M Gaming Pro + AMD Ryzen 3 2200g

Jun 25, 2018
I recently bought this combo along with a set of Patriot 8gb (4x2) 3000mhz ram. It came with a bios up to date enough to have video out of the box. Upon initial boot up, there is no audio. The volume icon in the bottom right corner has a red X. I click on it and it runs the troubleshooting dialog. Before I updated BIOS, it gave me 6 HD audio options. I try to run the repair but just comes back that the audio device isn't working. I have tried a multitude of drivers from both AMD and MSI. And also tried two different monitors. All with the same result.

I then proceeded to update the BIOS to the latest version. Still no audio and now when I run the troubleshooter, it doesn't show the Audio devices, it just says, the audio device isn't working.

I initially thought it was my Windows install, as it was pulled from another device. So I reinstalled windows. Still the same issue. All of the above was attempted running Windows 10.

I attempted to put this in the MSI forum but that forum is a complete mess. I could never log in to make a post. My only other option is to RMA but I wanted to reach out here to see if there was something that I may be overlooking with this combo. Like, Is audio through HDMI even possible with the 2200g?

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2018

So there is a high chance its Windows that is causing issues? Would it be easier to run Windows 7 instead of 10?

Jun 25, 2018

Thank you for this. Took 2 days of screwing with windows updates to finally get it fully up to date but once it did, audio working through HDMI. Feel pretty dumb now. LOL.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS