[SOLVED] MSi B350M Gaming Pro - network adapters not working

Jul 25, 2019
Hi,

I own a B350M Gaming Pro Mobo and I recently made a change in the BIOS to enable windows 10 whql support. When I booted Windows 10 my network adapter won't work. I reverted the change in the bios and no luck. I even cleared the CMOS no luck. Under device manager I have the error "windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code 56)".

I have tried reverting to a system restore save point no luck. I have tried a 3rd party USB network adapter but that is also getting the same error as the onboard network adapter. I have also tried uninstalling the device driver and reinstalling it from a USB from the MSI website for my mobo. During that operating it never completes.

Any help please!

Mark

Solution
in my opinion it is time for a fresh install. i ran into that exact same problem with my b350m gaming pro. the whql didnt only mess up drivers for the network adapter, but the pci-e bridge, sata extention to the m.2 slot and a few others. i spent the better part of 2 weeks trying to manually uninstall and re-install; to having nothing work.

in the end i enabled the whql support in the bios, and did a fresh install.

another thing to concider if you have not done so as of yet. download and flash to the latest bios revision.
Jul 25, 2019
It keeps freezing at the installing driver screen followed by the error "The Realtek network Controller was not found. If in Deep Sleep Mode is enabled please Plug the Cable". Also looks like these drivers are same as I have from the MSi website. I should also note the network cable works on my laptop.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
in my opinion it is time for a fresh install. i ran into that exact same problem with my b350m gaming pro. the whql didnt only mess up drivers for the network adapter, but the pci-e bridge, sata extention to the m.2 slot and a few others. i spent the better part of 2 weeks trying to manually uninstall and re-install; to having nothing work.

in the end i enabled the whql support in the bios, and did a fresh install.

another thing to concider if you have not done so as of yet. download and flash to the latest bios revision.

Solution