Question MSI B350M Gaming Pro with Ryzen 3300X.

May 1, 2015
Hi, I have a MSI B350M Gaming Pro motherboard with a Ryzen 1500X.

It started crashing randomly a while ago so I removed the pieces to clean it.

The processor was stuck with the cpu cooler and when I tried reinstalling it I bent some of the pins in the processor... I'm considering upgrading to the Ryzen 3300X.or if somebody knows of a store in Stockholm that can fix 7 bented pins for cheap I would really appreciate it :).

I read that the motherboard should be able to support it but it might need a BIOS Update, To do that is necessary a working processor..
The latest BIOS Update I remember installing was from 2018. I can't tell the month Exactly but I think it was from March 2018.

I have a couple of questions:

1. If I buy a 3300X, what are the chances of it not working with the motherboard? Is there any BIOS from 2018 that supports Ryzen 3300X?
  2. Can I install the 3300X without the CPU Cooler and test if it boots up or do I risk damaging anything?

I'm considering upgrading to a MSI Gaming Pro B450 Carbon AC and save potential compatibility issues (Plus cool lights) but if there is a BIOS from 2018 that supports it then I think its not necessary.

1. to upgrade to 3300x you have to have verion of the bios which supports it!
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-GAMING-PRO#support-cpu

RYZEN 3Matisse100-0000001593300X1003.8GHz2MB16MBB065N/A7A39v2N.zip

if you cpu pins are bent... it doesn't mean your motherboard has an issue (that's why intel.. is using pins on the motherboard, rather than the CPU, because usually the cpu is the more expensive part in the system, so you would want the more expensive part to not be damaged).

2. Don't start 3300x without cpu cooler, and yes you can test it like that, but don't.

May 1, 2015
1. to upgrade to 3300x you have to have verion of the bios which supports it!
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-GAMING-PRO#support-cpu

RYZEN 3Matisse100-0000001593300X1003.8GHz2MB16MBB065N/A7A39v2N.zip

if you cpu pins are bent... it doesn't mean your motherboard has an issue (that's why intel.. is using pins on the motherboard, rather than the CPU, because usually the cpu is the more expensive part in the system, so you would want the more expensive part to not be damaged).

2. Don't start 3300x without cpu cooler, and yes you can test it like that, but don't.

I know the motherboard its fine but to upgrade it I would need to buy a new processor?
The version you are suggesting is from 2019.

That's what its called upgrade? Changing to something better?
You can't upgrade if you use the same motherboard and the same cpu....can you?
The bios is listed that supports 3300x from the official site, that's why i'm mentioning it, if you want different CPU you should check what BIos you need.

May 1, 2015
That's what its called upgrade? Changing to something better?
You can't upgrade if you use the same motherboard and the same cpu....can you?
The bios is listed that supports 3300x from the official site, that's why i'm mentioning it, if you want different CPU you should check what BIos you need.

I don't think you understand my point. I am still not sure if buying the 3300X will work.
I want to buy it but I am afraid that I don't have the right BIOS update and that it will not boot.

Are you saying I should be fine?

AMD is providing boot kits for people with similar problems giving them a small cpu.

May 30, 2020
I just did this last night. I downloaded the newest bios from the MSI B350M Gaming Pro site... Ends with a Q... flashed it last night and installed a 3300x. It's running with no issues.

What I did do before hand was update the chipset drivers before hand. Good luck!