Question MSI B360m Bazooka freeze, DRAM trouble.

Sep 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a little trouble here. My PC detail is:

• MSI B360m bazooka, BIOS ver. 7B24v25
  • i5-9400F
  • RAM 8GB 2666 x2 (new)
  • GTX 1650 MSI Ventus (new)

The PC boot and use heavy load normally. But when I restart the PC, the mainboard will led DRAM ERROR and 1 long beep.

I have to turn off the PC for 10-15 mins, and the PC will boot as nothing happen, but when I restart, oops here we go again.

DRAM led and one long beep.

I already replace new pair DRAM and new VGA, remove the battery, set jumper on JBAT1, update BIOS, reset bios. But nothing can fix.

I don't know what to do now.

Sep 8, 2020
Are your modules in the correct slots.? They should be in slots A2 and B2.

List your RAM part No.?
Is your RAM kit a single kit of (2x8) or two single 8GB kits? If the latter then you may have a mismatch.

Better advice when we know the above.

I tried both slot ram (Black pair as manual said, or white pair). RAM is not kit, but same model. I tried single ram with all slot too, but the problem still same.

Sep 8, 2020
You are attempting to mix modules which is a bad idea. They may have differing Latency and hence a mismatch.
I also noticed your Bios is not the latest and should be updated to 7B24v2A for Improved memory compatibility.
I don't think that I mixed anything. This is just for test.

Currently I'm using 2 x SK Hynix 8G 2666mhz (HMA81GU6DJR8N-VK) which supported in website and I already test with one module. Still same.

And Bios, I tried V2A, V28, V22 and current stop at v25. It's doesn't solve my problem.

TRENDING THREADS