Question MSI b450 A pro or Asrock b450 Steel Legend better for overclocking 2700x?

rainernk

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
Halo guys, i wanna ask better msi b450 a pro or asrock b450 steel legend for overclock 2700x? I search the review for b450 a pro and its so hard to find. The steel legend many said the vrm is bad and very hot for overclocking is it true?

rainernk

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
Get X470.
The only decent B450/350 that has DECENT vrms is actually Tomahawk.
Ah yes i already searched about tomahawk too and the vrm is decent, but i searched more info that b450 a pro using the same vrm like tomahawk and in my country Indonesia the price gap between tomahawk and b450 a pro quite far about $30, so im confused choosing between these two.

Btw, how about Asrock Steel Legend? Is it good or bad motherboard overall?

Ah yes i already searched about tomahawk too and the vrm is decent, but i searched more info that b450 a pro using the same vrm like tomahawk and in my country Indonesia the price gap between tomahawk and b450 a pro quite far about $30, so im confused choosing between these two.

Btw, how about Asrock Steel Legend? Is it good or bad motherboard overall?
B450 A Pro is going to have better OC potential for 8 core CPU's, mainly courtesy of more FET's to carry the load and will therefore run cooler.

The biggest difference between Tomahawk and any other B450 board is the huge heatsink... only MSI's Mortar and Bazooka Plus have one that big. But having four FET's for each of four VCore phases is also a major advantage for MSI's designs.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9uc6bi/am4_b450x470_vrm_tier_list/

Reactions: ElectrO_90

rainernk

Prominent
Mar 6, 2019
B450 A Pro is going to have better OC potential for 8 core CPU's, mainly courtesy of more FET's to carry the load and will therefore run cooler.

The biggest difference between Tomahawk and any other B450 board is the huge heatsink... only MSI's Mortar and Bazooka Plus have one that big. But having four FET's for each of four VCore phases is also a major advantage for MSI's designs.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9uc6bi/am4_b450x470_vrm_tier_list/
Ah i see nice link you give there very clear table chart thank you for the info man. But if choosing between bazooka plus and tomahawk what do you prefer? In my country the bazooka plus just $15 cheaper than tomahawk

Ah i see nice link you give there very clear table chart thank you for the info man. But if choosing between bazooka plus and tomahawk what do you prefer? In my country the bazooka plus just $15 cheaper than tomahawk

If you've trouble choosing the Bazooka Plus is mATX sized while the Tomahawk is full-sized ATX. I'd pick this size that fits my case choice...and I prefer mATX cases. But otherwise they'll probably work about equally overclocking a 2700X.

TRENDING THREADS