Question MSI B450 Gaming Plus beeps

Dec 12, 2020
My mobo (MSI B450 Gaming Plus) beeps 4 times on startup and then boots normally. It displays the “VGA” LED while beeping but then goes away when it’s booting.

No issues seem to come from this yet but I’m curious what’s causing this.

MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 7 3700x
2x8gb
RTX 3070 FE
650w

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Aresgame agv650
This could be the root of your problem. Seems to be a "no name" PSU with dubious components (from what little I could find about the PSU itself). Don't be fooled by Amazon or "bronze" ratings. This is a largely unknown device that is likely NOT producing its claimed 650W performance.

Also, make sure your motherboard is using the most up to date BIOS for it. BIOS updates often address GPU issues.

Dec 12, 2020
This could be the root of your problem. Seems to be a "no name" PSU with dubious components (from what little I could find about the PSU itself). Don't be fooled by Amazon or "bronze" ratings. This is a largely unknown device that is likely NOT producing its claimed 650W performance.

Also, make sure your motherboard is using the most up to date BIOS for it. BIOS updates often address GPU issues.
I replaced my PSU with a 700w EVGA, and still have beeps on start up. There are 4 quick beeps, which I’ve read indicated a bad motherboard, although everything boots and runs after beeps..

I’ve reset CMOS
I’ve reseated RAM
I’ve swapped GPU to different PCI-e ports

any other ideas?

Feb 23, 2021
Same thing for me. No vga led tho. 4 rapid beeps and normal boot. Started as soon as 3700x was installed. Used 2600 for 2 years without issues. Bios updated in december and cpu replaced 3 days ago. Been benching and stress testing to see if theres issues, but everything runs nicely. Odd... Msi bios bug?

Msi b450 pro-a
Rtx 3070 msi gaming trio
Ryzen 7 3700x
650W psu

Dec 12, 2020
Same thing for me. No vga led tho. 4 rapid beeps and normal boot. Started as soon as 3700x was installed. Used 2600 for 2 years without issues. Bios updated in december and cpu replaced 3 days ago. Been benching and stress testing to see if theres issues, but everything runs nicely. Odd... Msi bios bug?

Msi b450 pro-a
Rtx 3070 msi gaming trio
Ryzen 7 3700x
650W psu
Go into BIOS and make sure it’s set to “UEFI” instead of “CSM”. This resolved my issue. Try it and let me know how it goes for you.