[SOLVED] MSI B450 Gaming Plus issue (Please Help)

Oct 17, 2019
Okay, so this is the issue I am having. A week ago I built a new PC. I'll list the specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus
PSU: Corsair CX-M Series CX550W
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600
SSD: Patriot Scorch M.2 2280 128GB
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda ST2000M008 2TB
GPU: Asrock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX570

Ok so, I'm using it now but I am having a few issues. First off my Ram DDR4 at 3600 but I also used G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200 previously and still had this issue. If I go into the bios, change any setting, save then exit, my computer will go to reboot and 3 long beeps with the CPU debug light, then it'll power cycle with the same thing over and over until I unplug the power supply for a few seconds. Once I do that, everything works like it's supposed to.

Second issue, Windows isn't recognizing my Ram being overclocked in the bios.. am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Solution
Ok so I shorted the CMOS. I went into the bios to reset the ram setting saved and restarted and the beeping happened again. The XMP is set at 3600 but Windows still won't recognize the overclock. On top of that. There are 2 3600 timings in the XMP profile, I use the first one and everything works, I change to the second one and I start getting BSODs all over the place.
Oct 17, 2019
Ok so I shorted the CMOS. I went into the bios to reset the ram setting saved and restarted and the beeping happened again. The XMP is set at 3600 but Windows still won't recognize the overclock. On top of that. There are 2 3600 timings in the XMP profile, I use the first one and everything works, I change to the second one and I start getting BSODs all over the place.

Solution