[SOLVED] Msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac + Amd ryzen 5 3600

Jul 12, 2019
Hi,

Today I was building a new pc for a friend, I ordered the Msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac. On the support page under the bios section there is an bios update that should support gen 3 of the Ryzen series.

I flashed the bios with the bios flashback feature on the motherboard because the motherboard did not support the newer gen cpu out of the box. However it did not change anything, when trying to boot the pc it turns everything on but does not show anything on the screen. Also the cpu led on the motherboard is on. does anyone have an idea how i can fix this or that the motherboard is just broken and i have to get it replaced.

Solution
Things to make sure you've done is extract the binary from the archive, rename it and put it in the root of the formatted USB drive. Some USB drives have caused problems definitely try more...generally older, USB2 drives are more successful. Some people have had success after doing the flash update several times. And be patient...it can take a while. One guy said an hour for his, but he may have just been extra cautious.

In the end it can simply be a faulty board so take it back in your return period.

Alternative approach is ask your retailer to update BIOS for you using one of his CPU's or get a boot kit from AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

You can also wait for one of MSI's MAX boards that will have 32MB...
Jul 12, 2019
We probably got the same problem. While trying to flash the BIOS with Flashback+ Option without a CPU, we constantly (on three different USB-Pen) get the BIOS lights to flash two times and after that the RED light stays on. Also B450 (Tomahawk) with a Ryzen 5 3600

Jul 12, 2019
We probably got the same problem. While trying to flash the BIOS with Flashback+ Option without a CPU, we constantly (on three different USB-Pen) get the BIOS lights to flash two times and after that the RED light stays on. Also B450 (Tomahawk) with a Ryzen 5 3600
well when i flash the bios it flashes with 2 different speeds first with a long interval and then with a short interval after it's done the led shuts off and the pc restarts. butt still no display for me

Things to make sure you've done is extract the binary from the archive, rename it and put it in the root of the formatted USB drive. Some USB drives have caused problems definitely try more...generally older, USB2 drives are more successful. Some people have had success after doing the flash update several times. And be patient...it can take a while. One guy said an hour for his, but he may have just been extra cautious.

In the end it can simply be a faulty board so take it back in your return period.

Alternative approach is ask your retailer to update BIOS for you using one of his CPU's or get a boot kit from AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

You can also wait for one of MSI's MAX boards that will have 32MB BIOS like the X570's have.

Solution