[SOLVED] MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Compatibility

humming

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
Hello guys,
I've come to you for advice regarding this mobo - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. On MSI's official site I have found out that with its latest BIOS it supports Ryzen 5XXX CPUs. But I'm curious about 2 CPUS - Ryzen 7 5700X and Ryzen 5 5600 non-X. I don't see them in the compatibility list. Does that mean they are not supported?
Thanks!

Solution
Hello guys,
I've come to you for advice regarding this mobo - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC. On MSI's official site I have found out that with its latest BIOS it supports Ryzen 5XXX CPUs. But I'm curious about 2 CPUS - Ryzen 7 5700X and Ryzen 5 5600 non-X. I don't see them in the compatibility list. Does that mean they are not supported?
Thanks!
5xxx means all Ryzen of 5000 (Zen3) series.
Hello guys,
Thanks!
5xxx means all Ryzen of 5000 (Zen3) series.

Solution

humming

Reputable
Sep 4, 2018
@CountMike Okay, thanks.
I just wanted to make sure. I borrowed 5600 from my friend and I just couldn't make it run. The screen just stayed black. I'm gonna try again and do some more troubleshooting if it doesn't post on first try.