[SOLVED] MSI B450 + Ryzen 3700X

Aug 16, 2019
Hi there! Just bought a new PC, put all the components together and am not getting and POST beeps (LEds and fans are working).
I kind of checked everything and now the only things I can think of is that the motherboard isn't working or potentially that the MSI B450 + Ryzen 3700X aren't compatible at the current Bios Version (the shop I bought the stuff from said they updated the motherboard to the latest bios, but maybe they didn't).

So if I had an old Bios version and the new CPU installed, would it go to POST or would it just be completely silent?

Thanks,

Johannes

Solution
What EXACT MSI B450 MB do you have ???
If it has the Flashback Button you can update the BIOS so it will support the 3700x.
If it does Not have the Flashback Button you will need an older supported AMD CPU like an Athlon 200GE to use so you can update the BIOS.
Or you can take it back to the shop you bought it from and have them update the BIOS like they said they did.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
What EXACT MSI B450 MB do you have ???
If it has the Flashback Button you can update the BIOS so it will support the 3700x.
If it does Not have the Flashback Button you will need an older supported AMD CPU like an Athlon 200GE to use so you can update the BIOS.
Or you can take it back to the shop you bought it from and have them update the BIOS like they said they did.

Last edited:
Solution