Question MSI B450 Tomahawk EZ DEBUG LED DRAM Light

Apr 21, 2020
Hello! My name is Bryson and I recently started building my first PC. I previously made a post discussing some issues I was having with the onboard headers on my ASRock B450M Pro 4 motherboard. After further examination of the board, I believe that it was faulty, and I have made a return on the item. I have now purchased an MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk to go along with my setup. I installed the new motherboard yesterday and reconnected all of my components. I had received really good signs, with the computer fully turning on and fans spinning. I connected the PC to my monitor and then realized that there was a solid red burning light on my motherboard. After further research, I have found that this is a part of MSI's EZ DEBUG LED and that the DRAM light was lit. With initial instinct, I turned the computer off and rebooted it. This time I watched extremely closely and noticed that the CPU light came for a quick second before it switched over to the DRAM light which then burns solid red. Along with this, I am getting no signal to my monitor or keyboard and mouse. I have read about others having this issue and am not sure of the best way to troubleshoot this issue. I have seen those who had problems with the compatibility of their installed RAM, some who fixed their issue by just uninstalling the CPU and then reinstalling it, I also have seen advice given about their BIOS. Although most of the BIOS issues I had seen involved people using third-generation Ryzen chips. For my specific situation, I need some help on what would be the easiest to start with, or what you think would be my best bet. I will list my components below. For confirmation, it would be extremely helpful if someone could double-check the compatibility of the RAM I am using, along with this new motherboard. I did not think about this compatibility when searching for a new motherboard, so if someone could check for me to make sure that these are both compatible, I would greatly appreciate that (I tried looking at MSI's website but I got really lost). If it helps to know, I have my two sticks of RAM in the DIMMA2 and DIMMB2 slots on the motherboard. I have also never updated the BIOS on the motherboard if that makes any difference. I'm also not 100% sure what version of BIOS is on this motherboard at the moment, nor how to check what version is on it. Any help with this issue would be appreciated greatly. Thank you.

Components:
Ryzen 5 1600 AF
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8)16GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

- (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
EVGA GTX 1650 SUPER SC ULTRA
Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
EVGA 600W BR
NZXT H510

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS