[SOLVED] MSI B450 Tomahawk Max - Amazon Return Help

I ordered an MSI B450 Tomahawk Max about a month ago. I used it for about 2 weeks and it died on me. I returned it to Amazon and am awaiting a replacement. However, on the site it says "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." Not cool. It says that I should receive mine on May 27th. Anyone know the current situation on why it's taking so long, why they aren't available, and if I should cancel it, get my money and just order a B550? Not sure when they're actually available though. I feel kinda helpless right now. Not sure what to do. I feel like I got screwed, lol. Help?

Solution
I would leave it like it is and plan on the date they told you for it to at least ship if it don't ship by the date they have B550 boards in stock see if they can replace it with one of those with you paying any cost difference of course.

It's just a bad time to try to get PC parts right now not only the factory problems but also logistics are having a fit trying to find truckers to take loads.

Be nice and patient some things they just can't fix or make right for the consumer right now.
Like many tech products, stock availibility has been heavily impacted by the coronavirus pandemic (fewer employees at factories owing to self-isolating, illness & of course the need for social-distancing within the work environment which usually means having fewer people in the same building.

Don't believe "you got screwed". Everyone is affected, even Amazon.

DSzymborski

Titan
I ordered an MSI B450 Tomahawk Max about a month ago. I used it for about 2 weeks and it died on me. I returned it to Amazon and am awaiting a replacement. However, on the site it says "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." Not cool. It says that I should receive mine on May 27th. Anyone know the current situation on why it's taking so long, why they aren't available, and if I should cancel it, get my money and just order a B550? Not sure when they're actually available though. I feel kinda helpless right now. Not sure what to do. I feel like I got screwed, lol. Help?

There's this little issue of a worldwide pandemic that has caused significant interruptions to the supply chain in pretty much all the sectors of the economy.

I understand there's a pandemic going on. I didn't mean for that to sound the way it came off. It was just bad timing with the virus and the B550 news. I feel stuck between not knowing if I should cancel my order and wait for a B550, or if I can rely on the May 27th date that my order says, then I'd just stick with that. Looking for some actual help, not a lecture on the pandemic.

I understand there's a pandemic going on. I didn't mean for that to sound the way it came off. It was just bad timing with the virus and the B550 news. I feel stuck between not knowing if I should cancel my order and wait for a B550, or if I can rely on the May 27th date that my order says, then I'd just stick with that. Looking for some actual help, not a lecture on the pandemic.
Depends how quickly you need to get your system up and running. This close Id wait for B550 as it looks a better long term option and shouldn’t be much more. It’s a personal choice with no right or wrong answer.

Reactions: BO7H B4RRELS
I also suspect that manufacturers have greatly reduced B450 production as they have moved to producing B550 boards, so it's not surprising that many popular models like the Tomahawk have largely sold out. They don't want to be sitting on big stockpiles of B450 boards once their successor is available.

B550 boards are supposed to be launching on June 16th though, so that's still several weeks away. Whether its worth waiting could depend on whether you are willing to go a few extra weeks without the system up and running.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I would leave it like it is and plan on the date they told you for it to at least ship if it don't ship by the date they have B550 boards in stock see if they can replace it with one of those with you paying any cost difference of course.

It's just a bad time to try to get PC parts right now not only the factory problems but also logistics are having a fit trying to find truckers to take loads.

Be nice and patient some things they just can't fix or make right for the consumer right now.

Solution