blankyoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2015
Edit*
Connected everything to try and update BIOS from within bios itself and now PC won’t post. Lol.
Just got home with the b450 tomahawk max. I’m trying to flash the BIOS with the newest update to run my Ryzen 5 5600x.
I followed every instruction to a T when downloading the update file to the flash drive. Formatted to fat32. Moved update file to flash drive renaming to MSI.ROM.
I plug in the flash drive to the rear USB port right next to the flash BIOS button. I connected ATX power and CPU power cable and nothing else. I press the flash bios button, it blinks twice and then stays lit red. MSI support told me to just send it to them, but this is the second MOBO, first was a MSI 550m pro-vdh and it wouldn’t boot either. I have no clue what to do and I’m honestly about to return all my new parts and just continue using my 5 year old mobo and cpu.

Last edited:
Solution
.... I have no clue what to do and I’m honestly about to return all my new parts and just continue using my 5 year old mobo and cpu. Can anyone help me?
If you've followed all the steps, precisely, and it won't update then I'd go ahead and send it to MSI to let them do it for you. Once you get it back, if it doesn't work then I'd have to suspect something else in your kit is bad. After all, this would be two different boards that didn't work even though MSI updated BIOS for you.
.... I have no clue what to do and I’m honestly about to return all my new parts and just continue using my 5 year old mobo and cpu. Can anyone help me?
If you've followed all the steps, precisely, and it won't update then I'd go ahead and send it to MSI to let them do it for you. Once you get it back, if it doesn't work then I'd have to suspect something else in your kit is bad. After all, this would be two different boards that didn't work even though MSI updated BIOS for you.

Solution

blankyoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2015
I’m taking it into a PC shop tomorrow. Nothing should be wrong. CPU is brand new, mobo is brand new. PSU worked fine with my old set up, GPU worked fine on the old set up.