[SOLVED] MSI B450 Tomahawk Max drivers

Apr 16, 2020
Hi All,
First time builder here. I have googled this to try and get to the bottom of it but I am still unsure and would appreciate some advice.
I’ve built a PC using MSI B450 Tomahawk Max for my mother board. Installed Windows and it’s all going swimmingly. Ly question is related to the drivers, it came with a disc to install the drivers but I haven’t included a disc drive in my build. I have downloaded and unzipped the drivers from MSI’s website but when I try to run the .exe files it gives me an error message (This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package). I have read on here that Windows does a pretty good job of installing the drivers itself, I know I don’t need to install the Realtek audio driver the sound is working, are the any key drivers I may be missing that will affect my gameplay? Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Solution
Hi All,
First time builder here. I have googled this to try and get to the bottom of it but I am still unsure and would appreciate some advice.
I’ve built a PC using MSI B450 Tomahawk Max for my mother board. Installed Windows and it’s all going swimmingly. Ly question is related to the drivers, it came with a disc to install the drivers but I haven’t included a disc drive in my build. I have downloaded and unzipped the drivers from MSI’s website but when I try to run the .exe files it gives me an error message (This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package). I have read on here that Windows does a pretty good job of installing the drivers itself, I...
Hi All,
I’ve built a PC using MSI B450 Tomahawk Max for my mother board. Installed Windows and it’s all going swimmingly. Ly question is related to the drivers, it came with a disc to install the drivers but I haven’t included a disc drive in my build. I have downloaded and unzipped the drivers from MSI’s website but when I try to run the .exe files it gives me an error message (This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package). I have read on here that Windows does a pretty good job of installing the drivers itself, I know I don’t need to install the Realtek audio driver the sound is working, are the any key drivers I may be missing that will affect my gameplay? Thanks in advance for any advice offered.
Try chipset drivers from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

Solution