Question MSI B450 tomahawk MAX II SO AM4 without gpu

evilrid1

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
Ill receive this motherboard with AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and im wondering if i would need dedicated gpu to connect a monitor on it since the ryzen cpu dont have integrated graphics.
So can i just connect my monitor with the motherboard hdmi connector and to have a working display?

Lutfij

Titan
im wondering if i would need dedicated gpu to connect a monitor
Yes you will, since the RyZen processors don't have an iGPU. The only processor part that does have an iGPU are the APU's from AMD's RyZen series.

So can i just connect my monitor with the motherboard hdmi connector and to have a working display?
Read above. You can get away with an entry level discrete card like a GT730 or their ilk. The question is would you willing to pay more than what their MSRP is supposed to be?

evilrid1

Honorable
Feb 7, 2017
im wondering if i would need dedicated gpu to connect a monitor
Yes you will, since the RyZen processors don't have an iGPU. The only processor part that does have an iGPU are the APU's from AMD's RyZen series.

Read above. You can get away with an entry level discrete card like a GT730 or their ilk. The question is would you willing to pay more than what their MSRP is supposed to be?

What about Gigabyte B560M H mAtx So. 1200 with Intel i5 10400