[SOLVED] MSI B450 tomahawk max in stock?

saitamas

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2015
Was trying to purchase a new mobo for a ryzen 3600x. However, the b450 tomahawk max is literally sold out everywhere. People on eBay are skyrocketing its price because it is limited. None of these stores have a predicted availability date of when they receive a new shipment. Do you guys think I should just wait? Or should I look into a different mobo?

Solution
And, that board is recommended on this site several times a day. I would doubt MSI reduced production of such a hot seller.

One would think....

Except they inexplicably stopped selling super popular B450M Mortars or Mortar Max's in the US...and even overseas they're hard if not impossible to get.

MSI seems hell bent on screwing up their potential.
Was trying to purchase a new mobo for a ryzen 3600x. However, the b450 tomahawk max is literally sold out everywhere. People on eBay are skyrocketing its price because it is limited. None of these stores have a predicted availability date of when they receive a new shipment. Do you guys think I should just wait? Or should I look into a different mobo?

I have to wonder of this is related to release of the X570 Tomahawk board. MSI could have stopped production of the lower margin B450 using the Tomahawk name.

Look for their B450 Gaming Plus Max. It's got the same VRM under a slightly less massive heatsink. Still more than enough for a 3600X.

And, that board is recommended on this site several times a day. I would doubt MSI reduced production of such a hot seller.

One would think....

Except they inexplicably stopped selling super popular B450M Mortars or Mortar Max's in the US...and even overseas they're hard if not impossible to get.

MSI seems hell bent on screwing up their potential.

Solution
Apr 27, 2020
Newegg currently has some in stock at the regular price if you are still interested. I recently made the switch from the Aorus PRO WiFi and absolutely have no regrets.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-b450-tomahawk-max/p/N82E16813144267

saitamas

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2015
Newegg currently has some in stock at the regular price if you are still interested. I recently made the switch from the Aorus PRO WiFi and absolutely have no regrets.

https://www.newegg.com/msi-b450-tomahawk-max/p/N82E16813144267
Oh ya I had found one there after constantly refreshing the stores. Thank you though! I just checked the listing again out of curiosity and they are already sold out again. These mobos sell out like hot cakes!