[SOLVED] MSI B450 Tomahawk Max RGB solutions?

Jun 4, 2020
Hi,
My motherboard only has JRGB1/2 headers which are used to control 12 RGB LED strips. I've managed to link Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition cooler to it and i control it through MysticLight together with the case's led strip.
I'd like to link an exhaust fan the same way too to the second JRGB header, but I've made a mistake and bought a fan with 3 pin 5V connector. Is there a cheap way to still connect it to the mb without burning the leds/fan/mb, or, are there fans with 12V RGB connectors available?
Also, MysticLight kinda sucks, I am using my cooler as CPU temperature indicator, but having only 3 colors in a fixed range is nowhere near ideal. My RAM is controlled by iCue software and it is far superior to MysticLight solution, but i cant get the CPU recognised in it.

Solution
Hi,
My motherboard only has JRGB1/2 headers which are used to control 12 RGB LED strips. I've managed to link Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition cooler to it and i control it through MysticLight together with the case's led strip.
I'd like to link an exhaust fan the same way too to the second JRGB header, but I've made a mistake and bought a fan with 3 pin 5V connector. Is there a cheap way to still connect it to the mb without burning the leds/fan/mb, or, are there fans with 12V RGB connectors available?
Also, MysticLight kinda sucks, I am using my cooler as CPU temperature indicator, but having only 3 colors in a fixed range is nowhere near ideal. My RAM is controlled by iCue software and it is far superior to MysticLight solution, but i...
Hi,
Also, MysticLight kinda sucks, I am using my cooler as CPU temperature indicator, but having only 3 colors in a fixed range is nowhere near ideal. My RAM is controlled by iCue software and it is far superior to MysticLight solution, but i cant get the CPU recognised in it.
RGB and ARGB are not directly interchangeable, ARGB controller is needed.

Solution