Hi,

I've just built this PC :

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Ryzen 3600X
MSI GTX 1660
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 3100
BeQuiet 600W PSU
+ Some Fans/Coolers and one SSD with WIN 10 on it and a few HDDs

So, when I put it all together, the first time there was a standoff left stuck in the case from the previous mATX Mainboard which i only noticed after trying to boot once already. I removed that and the same problem still arises.
I have already used the Flashback+ feature to update the Bios to the latest version and when i spam DEL on startup i do get into the BIOS where I can see that my update worked. I am also able to get into the Boot Menu if i spam F11 on startup, but the moment i choose a drive to boot from the system freezes. If i do not choose a drive manually it freezes once it tries to boot. It also does not work with booting from a USB pen that has been formatted and made into a WIN 10 bootdrive with the Rufus program. In that case it freezes aswell.

No error LEDs light up. All fans are spinning, and all the drives and the RAM are detected by the mainboard, which I can check when I get into the Bios.

I have cleared the CMOS once and that was the first time i got into the BIOS but it didnt help with my problem.

I have tried booting with only one of the two RAM sticks in.

I dont know what to try next and if i should just send the mainboard back.

Ty in advance for any help.

EDIT: I tried booting from the WIN10 SSD and USB pen on a different machine, and it boots just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: József1982
Solution
Was worth a shot. The next thing you could try before declaring the board bricked is disabling all non-essential IO to see if you can bypass whatever is causing the board to hang before loading the OS/memtest.
Hi,

I've just built this PC :

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Ryzen 3600X
MSI GTX 1660
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 3100
BeQuiet 600W PSU
+ Some Fans/Coolers and one SSD with WIN 10 on it and a few HDDs

So, when I put it all together, the first time there was a standoff left stuck in the case from the previous mATX Mainboard which i only noticed after trying to boot once already. I removed that and the same problem still arises.
I have already used the Flashback+ feature to update the Bios to the latest version and when i spam DEL on startup i do get into the BIOS where I can see that my update worked. I am also able to get into the Boot Menu if i spam F11 on startup, but the moment i choose a drive to boot from the system freezes. If i do not choose a drive manually it freezes once it tries to boot. It also does not work with booting from a USB pen that has been formatted and made into a WIN 10 bootdrive with the Rufus program. In that case it freezes aswell.

No error LEDs light up. All fans are spinning, and all the drives and the RAM are detected by the mainboard, which I can check when I get into the Bios.

I have cleared the CMOS once and that was the first time i got into the BIOS but it didnt help with my problem.

I have tried booting with only one of the two RAM sticks in.

I dont know what to try next and if i should just send the mainboard back.

Ty in advance for any help.

EDIT: I tried booting from the WIN10 SSD and USB pen on a different machine, and it boots just fine.
You might have burned something on the MB with that errant standoff.