Question MSI B450 Tomahawk RAM Compatibility

Jun 16, 2019
Hello , i just buy a amd ryzen 200ge with MSI b450 Tomahawk motherboard. but i got a problem with RAM.

so i got a Corsair Vegeance LPX DDR4 4gb ( CMK8GX4M2A2666C16 ) with a Klevv Bolt 4gb. When the Corsair RAM is plugged , it wont display and in the EZ DEBUG LED DRAM led is ON , but if only Klevv Bolt , it will display properly and no error is debug led.

my friend say the Corsair RAM just for intel gen 6/7 i5/i7 , is there any chance i can use it with the newest bios update ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
200GE (not 2200GE to be sure? because 200GE is not Ryzen, it is Athlon):

Either way - Not sure who your friend is, but they are incorrect. Corsair RAM is used on nearly every generation, on both AMD and Intel set ups. Obviously DDR4 only applies to the later gens.

In fact your particular model RAM is even on the Raven Ridge QVL for the B450 Tomahawk, so should work fine.

And to clarify, have you used the Corsair RAM module by itself?

If you tried it by itself - I would just suspect you have a faulty RAM module and you should return it.
Although mixing RAM modules is never guaranteed to work even with a working module.

Jun 16, 2019
yeah i have tried pluggin the corsair by itself , it wont work , just blank display.

is there any chance that if when the RAM just released / unplugged from intel motherboard, it will be damaged immediately ?
because just only 2 hours im changing the RAM for intel motherboard to this new motherboard

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
yeah i have tried pluggin the corsair by itself , it wont work , just blank display.

is there any chance that if when the RAM just released / unplugged from intel motherboard, it will be damaged immediately ?
because just only 2 hours im changing the RAM for intel motherboard to this new motherboard
The contact pins can become damaged but again, if these are new modules, it sooner sounds like it's just a faulty module which I would return under warranty and get a replacement. It won't become damaged if you handled it with care, just simply releasing it from the slot as you should won't cause damage. Static can be an issue but it rarely causes a problem with handling RAM (especially if they have a heat shield).

Not sure what you mean by changing the RAM.

Jun 16, 2019
I have already update my bios to the newest ( not beta ) , the ram is still not working.

And i already test it in intel motherboard ( msi b360m gaming plus ) , it has no problem , working well.

Maybe its not damaged at all , are my ram is not compatible with my motherboard ?

Or any solution instead of buying a new ram or changing motherboard ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have already update my bios to the newest ( not beta ) , the ram is still not working.

And i already test it in intel motherboard ( msi b360m gaming plus ) , it has no problem , working well.

Maybe its not damaged at all , are my ram is not compatible with my motherboard ?

Or any solution instead of buying a new ram or changing motherboard ?
Being as they are mixed modules its more likely that they simply aren't working together well on that particular platform, not that they are incompatible with the chipset per se.

Either way its always best practice to buy a whole new pack of RAM to avoid this problem with mixed ram modules.