[SOLVED] MSI B450 Tomahawk VS Asrock B450 Steel Legend?

penikmatro

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
Greetings

I have a plan to replace my old i5 3330 with a new ryzen build, the new Ryzen 3600 really tempting me but i have a very limited budget so i must considering what i must buy right now, what getting in my head is Motherboard Choice for Ryzen 3600 :

1. Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  2. Asrock B450M Pro4 (suggested by many for mATX build/low cost)
  3. MSI B450 Tomahawk

How Asrock B450 Steel Legend compare to MSI B450 Tomahawk ? or i should buy Asrock B450M Pro4 instead to cut it as minimal ?
Or i should follow my friend advice to buy Ryzen 2600 + MSI B450/Asrock B450 Steel Legend (although 3600 is superior) and use the expense to buy another Hardware
( I still need buy Corsair 3000/3200 Mhz, a 1660 VGA <maybe zotac/EVGA> and 1080p 24" monitor , my budget around 750$, i m living in Indonesia)

I already Have PSU : Corsair CX550M and Seagate 2TB HDD (not considering buy SSD, right now) and SADES Anubis as Computer Case

I will use mainly for Gaming in 1080p 60FPS and Photoshop Edit (No Overclocking)

Thank You (PS: Sorry if my English Bad)

Solution
If your case was an matx chassis then I'd have suggested getting the ASRock B450M Steel Legend. In fact I'd ask you to pick the cheapest option among those three. If you want to fill up the case volumetrically, then I'd suggest getting either ATX boards.

Lutfij

Titan
If your case was an matx chassis then I'd have suggested getting the ASRock B450M Steel Legend. In fact I'd ask you to pick the cheapest option among those three. If you want to fill up the case volumetrically, then I'd suggest getting either ATX boards.

Solution

penikmatro

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
Thanks For Your Reply

My Case is ATX Case (Currently use Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3)

Is it will make different if i use mATX board or should i choose ATX Board because my case is ATX case

I hear that ATX board performace is better than mATX board, is that true?

It's not all about temps for a mobo quality, the tomahwak is a good motherboard but seems to have issues with the new CPUs. The Steel legend is as good, if you are worried about the VRM temps (which the motherboard have decent heatsink) just make sure you have good airflow in the case.

TRENDING THREADS