[SOLVED] MSI B450 TOMAHAWK vs ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Solution
I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB with a Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz with my RAM OC'd to 3400 MHz and I am very happy with it.
I will most likely upgrade to a 3700x next year and I have not doubt that it will run just fine on my motherboard.
As far as the Tomahawk goes it reviewed very well but I can say that I have seen a lot of people post here about issues they had with it and very few posts about issues with the ROG Strix B450-F Gaming.
Huh interesting WildCard, cause the B450 Tomahawk is one of the best AMD motherboards on the market. Incredibly good.

Now I will mention, that I have an MSI A68HI motherboard, I really don't like it BIOS is cheap and lacks features. But I have built several rigs already with the MSI B450 Bazooka and really liked that motherboard.

OP, both boards are good, the B450 Tomahawk has superior power delivery so if you want to overclock go with that one.

But the B450-F Strix has superior software and the BIOS is easier to navigate and has some extra features. So if you want to go stock, just go with the B450-F.

WildCard999

Titan
Huh interesting WildCard, cause the B450 Tomahawk is one of the best AMD motherboards on the market. Incredibly good.
That board may be good but I've had issues with the MSI Z87 MPower & a MSI 970 Gaming. Issues ranged from the audio cutting out to issues with the PCIE slots so generally I tend to stay away from MSI motherboards. Same with EVGA, love the GPUs but the boards just aren't very good IMO. Don't get me wrong though many others have had MSI boards with zero issues so maybe I'm just unlucky.

That board may be good but I've had issues with the MSI Z87 MPower & a MSI 970 Gaming. Issues ranged from the audio cutting out to issues with the PCIE slots so generally I tend to stay away from MSI motherboards. Same with EVGA, love the GPUs but the boards just aren't very good IMO. Don't get me wrong though many others have had MSI boards with zero issues so maybe I'm just unlucky.

I totally believe you. There are years where I've stayed away from brands because their boards just were not good. Then they make a big comeback a few years later, LOL. Usually at least.

Reactions: WildCard999

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB with a Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz with my RAM OC'd to 3400 MHz and I am very happy with it.
I will most likely upgrade to a 3700x next year and I have not doubt that it will run just fine on my motherboard.
As far as the Tomahawk goes it reviewed very well but I can say that I have seen a lot of people post here about issues they had with it and very few posts about issues with the ROG Strix B450-F Gaming.

Solution