[SOLVED] Msi b450 tomohawk 2 debug light for cpu

Feb 19, 2021
Hi
I’m getting debug cpu light from motherboard I thought it might be issue with cpu but I removed cpu from mobo still it turned on then I unplugged everything still I’m getting the same error.can somebody please help me out with this ....

cpu : ryzen 5 3600x

pcu : corsair cv650 80+

Wolfshadw

Titan
Hi
I’m getting debug cpu light from motherboard I thought it might be issue with cpu but I removed cpu from mobo still it turned on then I unplugged everything still I’m getting the same error.can somebody please help me out with this ....

cpu : ryzen 5 3600x

pcu : corsair cv650 80+

You need to verify which version of the MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard you have. There's the Tomahawk and the Tomahawk MAX. Only the MAX version is natively compatible with the 3rd Generation Ryzen processors. The original version does require a BIOS update.

-Wolf sends

Feb 19, 2021
You need to verify which version of the MSI B450 Tomahawk motherboard you have. There's the Tomahawk and the Tomahawk MAX. Only the MAX version is natively compatible with the 3rd Generation Ryzen processors. The original version does require a BIOS update.

-Wolf sends
it’s a tomahawk max 2 mobo

zotn_dre

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
I would follow above advice and also reseat the memory (in slots mentioned above).
I've noticed sometimes you can get a CPU diagnostic light when actually the memory is the culprit. Try also just starting the computer with a single stick of RAM.
In addition make sure the CPU power cable is properly attached as well (clicked in).