Question MSI b450m Bazooka with a Radeon rx 5700xt? Compatible??!

Dec 31, 2019
Hi guys I have a couple questions because I am looking to upgrade my GPU in my pc and I don’t know if this GPU will be compatible with my motherboard. Right now as my motherboard I have a MSI B450m Bazooka and I am looking to get a Radeon RX 5700xt to switch out with my current XFX rx580. My cpu right now is a ryzen 7 3700x. PLEASE HELP GUYS 💙

Dec 31, 2019
AThere's little question of GPU compatibility with any motherboard made in the last decade (when you start to have issues with UEFI). The compatibility question is a power supply question.
I’m sorry I’m new to this. What is UFEI? I just want it to be compatible with my motherboard. I don’t know how many watts my power supply is at the time but when I get home I can 100% tell you.

DSzymborski

Titan
I’m sorry I’m new to this. What is UFEI? I just want it to be compatible with my motherboard. I don’t know how many watts my power supply is at the time but when I get home I can 100% tell you.

Essentially firmware for the PC (you see it when you start up the computer). Older motherboards had BIOS and UEFI replaced it. It's not something you really need to know here, it's just this is about the only modern issue where you see GPUs not working with motherboards. And unless a motherboard is from before 2012 or so, it' snot an issue.

It's not just the wattage that's important, but the brand/model too. At most wattages, there are good PSUs, decent PSUs, terrible PSUs, and PSUs for which the label of garbage would be excessively kind.